Skip to Content


FEE-HELP (government loan scheme)

All Australian citizens and permanent residents (humanitarian visa holders) admitted into Domestic Fee Paying courses have the option of deferring their fees to the Australian Taxation Office. Your Tax File Number must be included in the form.


Please note that your Fee-HELP form does not cover the deferral of the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF). SSAF will only be charged for units completed in Sydney. Australian citizens, eligible New Zealand Special category Visa holders or Permanent Residents (Humanitarian Visa Holders only) who do not wish to pay the fee upfront to the University can apply to defer the fee through SA-HELP assistance to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Please see the link below (question "Can I defer payment?") for more information amenities-fee



If you intend to receive FEE-HELP assistance for our program and are eligible, you must check whether you have exceeded your FEE-HELP limit.

For detailed information regarding FEE-HELP Limits, please refer to Postgraduate fees.

Once having exceeded the limit you must pay you fees upfront to the University by the relevant payment due date for each unit of enrolment. You will also need to notify the University urgently via email: that you will or have already reached your FEE-HELP balance.

If you have been a FEE-HELP student previously, you will be able use your CHESSN to access your FEE-HELP Balance via myUniAssist on the following webpage:


How to complete online FEE-HELP form

  1. Log into your eStudent Account
  2. Click on the “My Offer” tab or “My Finances” tab
  3. Open Panel – Submit new Commonwealth Assistance Form
  4. Choose the course you are currently “Admitted” into. If you are not Admitted then choose the most recently “Offered” course.
  5. Select “Enter a new Commonwealth Assistance Form”. The available forms will appear.
  6. Select FEE-HELP form.

Once lodging the appropriate form it should show that the form has been approved within a few seconds at the top of the screen, and you should also see a green tick.   

If this does not occur, you may have made an error. Check your form for any errors and lodge a new form. The most common errors are:

  • Incorrect citizenship
    • If you are an Australian citizen (you are generally an Australian citizen if you were born here) then just answer yes to this question and do not answer any other questions regarding citizenship (ie. permanent residency status)
    • If you are a permanent resident of Australia but do not have humanitarian visa status (granted refugee status) answer yes to being a permanent resident but no to being a permanent resident (humanitarian visa holder)
  • Incorrect gender  
  • Incorrect date of birth

If you cannot detect an error then seek the assistance of a Commonwealth Loans Scheme Officer.