As a new student, you will have attended one of our orientation sessions and been given information on every aspect of student life. We appreciate that there is a lot to take in during those sessions and do not expect you to remember everything you were told!
This section includes all of the materials used during Orientation. If you have a question that is not covered in the orientation materials, please refer to the New to MAFC section of this site.
Message from our librarians:
WELCOME from the Library
On behalf of the Library, welcome to Macquarie University!
During your studies at Macquarie you will have many needs including information resources for both coursework and assessments. This is where the library comes in, providing access to resources and support during your candidature.
The library provides access to thousands of academic journals, key news and business publications from around the world as well as databases that give insights and overviews of companies, industries and markets. Attached to this email is a guide to the resources, in the fields of business and economics, which the library provides.
Beyond the resources there are also several services the library provides to assist you with your studies. These include the following:
· StudyWise gives you resources to solve specific assignment related questions, or build research, reading, writing, study and other skills.
· Subject and Research guides allow you to find key resources relevant to your area of study.
· Our Referencing guide gives you instructions on how to reference the resources you use in your assignments correctly.
· The Learning Skills Unit also provides consultations and online resources to provide feedback and assistance with your assessments, provide feedback on a written draft, or to find out more about different types of assignments and how to write them.
Applied Finance Postgraduate students have access to three specialist research librarians who have a wealth of experience in both the corporate and academic sectors. We are located at North Ryde but are available to all students regardless of campus. You can send us an email or make an appointment to see us via Zoom (or face to face when this service resumes).
We provide support in several ways including:
• creating an effective search strategy of academic literature
• making the best use of scholarly/subject specific research databases
• assistance in locating information and resources
• evaluating and identifying scholarly information sources
Once again, we welcome you on behalf of the Library. We look forward to meeting you and helping you any way we can during your time at Macquarie.
Sean, Lisa and Phanh